TRADITIONAL SMALLER SIZE. The Bohemian Fortune Telling Cards — with cold stamping and sliding wooden box
- Regular Price
- 263,00 zł
- Sale Price
- 263,00 zł
- Regular Price
- 313,00 zł
- Unit Price
- translation missing: en.general.accessibility.unit_price_separator
Update: 17th April
We had expected to begin shipping pre-orders in the second half of April as originally planned but unfortunately there will be a delay.
The organic cotton drawstring bags that we ordered last autumn (!) were shipped late by the producers and are now stuck in customs somewhere in Europe. Unfortunately the producers are not supplying us with much information or helping to get them released from customs (in spite of many requests from us) and so we simply don't know when they will arrive to our studio.
Because of this uncertainty, to be on the safe side, we are now organising a reorder of the bags with a different supplier. This will mean that we should be able to begin shipping in the first half of June.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by this delay. We will update this listing with any developments.
This is a pre-order. As production is quite slow and a bit unpredictable these days, please note that this deck is likely to begin shipping in April 2023.
All items ordered with a pre-order will be sent at the same time when the deck / book is available. If you would like to have any items sent earlier, please place them in a separate order.
Please note that these are smaller traditional size cards and that this is an open edition.
The Bohemian Fortune Telling Cards is our own unique design and based on a system that we became very familiar with during our time in Prague. This system is often known as "gypsy" cards but we prefer not to use this term which can be seen as pejorative. We like the description "Bohemian" instead, and as the cards are from Central Europe, in and around historical Bohemia, this works well.
This is a distinct type of fortune telling deck which has similarities with Lenormand, Sybilla and Kipper cards but also has its own characteristics.
Please note that the "grid" and copyright notice will not be on the final cards, this is just to protect the imagery online as sadly there is so much counterfeiting around these days.
Please also note that the final cards will be cold-stamped. We won't be able to show this on each card until they are printed (there is no way to simulate this very striking effect).
We have added a video of two sample prints that we did last year with our print company and these will give an idea of how the final cards will look.
Please note that because we have kept the pricing on these decks as low as possible, the introductory 10% discount code for first orders can't be applied to this order. Rewards points discount coupons can be used.
This type of card was not completely standardised (unlike, for example, most Lenormands) and so each deck would have a slightly varied collection of cards. The cards were not usually numbered so are in no particular order. The 36 cards included in our Bohemian Fortune Telling Cards are:
Hope, Fortune, Fidelity, Sorrow, Desire, Sweetheart, Lover, Jealousy, Thief, Child, Letter, Enemy, Constancy, Soldier, Death, Judge, Money,
House, Lady, Merriment, Misfortune, Falsehood, Thoughts, Journey, Illness, Unexpected Joy, Gift, Lord, Marriage, Inconstancy, Temptation, Love, Gossip, Visit, Loss, Happiness.
- 36 fully-illustrated cards based on the "Austrian fortune telling cards" pattern. There is also an extra "Falsehood" card in every deck, as well as a title card - so 38 cards in all.
- Traditional smaller size of 6.2 cm by 10.4 cm (2.44 inches by 4.09 inches approx).
- Painstakingly cold-stamped. We use subtle cold-stamping throughout the whole image - this makes the card "flash" with metallic colours when the light hits it.
- The cards are printed in the European Union as we don't produce graphics in any countries that have a record of poor legislation on counterfeiting. This helps to protect the deck from being illegally copied, which we know is important to the tarot and divination community.
- Printed on high-quality German-made 330 gram specialist playing-card stock with a carbon inner layer to protect against bending and creasing. The company that makes our cardstock has an excellent sustainability policy.
- Lightly varnished for durability without a plastic feeling - the finish is fairly matte.
- Wooden slide-top box for long-term storage. This is made from Paulownia wood, which is a sustainable hardwood.
- Supplied with a drawstring bag made in a good quality 100% cotton - this will be printed with the title or logo in the final design. (We also hope to have a small range of more lavish bags as an optional extra - more details to come later).
- Little white booklet with meanings and guide for use.
We will also have optional items listed separately:
- An extensive and highly-illustrated full guide book with coloured card illustrations! This comprehensive book can be used with both The Bohemian Fortune Telling Cards and Mercury's Fortune Telling Cards. There is a pre-order discount for the book.
- We hope that there will be special bags sold as an optional extra. We will provide more details on these once they are finalised.