LIMITED EDITION. The Bohemian Fortune Telling Cards — with cold stamping and a hinged wooden box.
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
- translation missing: en.general.accessibility.unit_price_separator
Update: May 31st
We had originally planned that the remaining limited edition decks (approximately 75 decks) would be available to order once the bulk of the pre-orders had been shipped in April / May. However unforeseen delays have resulted in a delay in shipping so we now expect that these limited edition decks will be available to order on our online shop in the first week of July.
We can't reserve any of these decks but we will let people know when they are available through our customer newsletter and Facebook page. If you are not subscribed to our newsletter, you can sign up via the pop-up window.
The limited edition decks released at pre-order discount are now all sold out. After the decks have been released in April 2023, we will make another 75 decks available at the full price.
Unfortunately we can't reserve any of these decks but we will let people know when they are available through our customer newsletter and Facebook page.
This is a pre-order. As production is quite slow and a bit unpredictable these days, please note that this deck is likely to begin shipping in April 2023.
All items ordered with a pre-order will be sent at the same time when the deck / book is available. If you would like to have any items sent earlier, please place them in a separate order.
After many requests, we have decided to offer this limited edition version of our new Bohemian Fortune Telling Cards.
Only 550 decks will be printed - all will be numbered and signed. We will release only 400 decks at pre-order discount.
Ideal for those who prefer to work with larger cards, these cards are the same size as our standard tarot cards (approx 12.8 cm * 7.8 cm or 5 * 3 inches).
As is always the case with our limited edition decks, these will not be reprinted in the future.
The Bohemian Fortune Telling Cards is our own unique design based on a system that we became very familiar with during our time in Prague. This system is often known as "gypsy" cards but we prefer not to use this term. We like the description "Bohemian" instead, and as the cards are from Central Europe, in and around historical Bohemia, this works well.
This is a distinct type of fortune telling deck which has similarities with Lenormand, Sybilla and Kipper cards but also has its own characteristics.
Please note that the "grid" and copyright notice will not be on the final cards, this is just to protect the imagery online as sadly there is so much counterfeiting around these days.
Please also note that the final cards will be cold-stamped. We won't be able to show this for each card until they are printed.
We have added a video of two sample prints of the smaller cards and these will give an idea of how the final cold-stamping will look. However, we are redesigning the cold-stamping specifically for these larger cards.
Please note that because we have kept the pricing on these decks as low as possible and are offering a generous pre-order discount, the introductory 10% discount code for first orders can't be applied to this deck. Rewards points discount coupons can be used.
This type of card was not completely standardised (unlike, for example, most Lenormands) and so each deck would have a slightly varied collection of cards. The cards were not usually numbered so are in no particular order. The 36 cards included in our Bohemian Fortune Telling Cards are:
Hope, Fortune, Fidelity, Sorrow, Desire, Sweetheart, Lover, Jealousy, Thief, Child, Letter, Enemy, Constancy, Soldier, Death, Judge, Money,
House, Lady, Merriment, Misfortune, Falsehood, Thoughts, Journey, Illness, Unexpected Joy, Gift, Lord, Marriage, Inconstancy, Temptation, Love, Gossip, Visit, Loss, Happiness.
- 36 fully-illustrated cards based on the "Austrian fortune telling cards" pattern. There is also an extra "Falsehood" card and an extra "Soldier" card showing a female soldier and her white horse, as well as a title card - so 39 cards in all.
- These cards are 12.8 cm * 7.8 cm (about 5 * 3 inches).
- Painstakingly cold-stamped. We use subtle cold-stamping throughout the whole image - this makes the card "flash" with metallic colours when the light hits it. The cold-stamping on the limited edition deck is designed differently to the smaller deck and we hope may be even more spectacular.
- The limited edition cards will have a different back to the traditional smaller size cards. The design of this back has not yet been finalised but will be shown on this listing as soon as possible.
- The cards are printed in the European Union as we don't produce graphics in any countries that have a record of poor legislation on counterfeiting. This helps to protect the deck from being illegally copied, which we know is important to the tarot and divination community.
- Printed on high-quality German-made 330 gram specialist playing-card stock with a carbon inner layer to protect against bending and creasing. The company that makes our cardstock has an excellent sustainability policy.
- Lightly varnished for durability without a plastic feeling - the finish is fairly matte.
- Wooden hinged box for long-term storage. This is made from sustainable pine. We expect the final box to be stained - the print design may vary a little from that shown.
- Supplied with a drawstring bag made in a good-quality 100% cotton (later, we will also have a small range of more lavish bags as an optional extra).
- Little white booklet with meanings and guide for use.
We also have optional items listed separately:
- An extensive and highly-illustrated full guide book with coloured card illustrations. This comprehensive book can be used with both The Bohemian Fortune Telling Cards and Mercury's Fortune Telling Cards. There is a pre-order discount on the book.
- Later, there will be special bags sold as an optional extra - they will be made in a variety of vintage and antique fabrics for you to choose from. We will provide more details on these once they are finalised.