The Victorian Romantic Tarot fourth edition with cold-stamping, standard deck.
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
- Translation missing: en.general.accessibility.unit_price_separator
The updated companion book for the fourth edition of the deck is also currently available and can be ordered here.
The Victorian Romantic Tarot has, since its original publication become one of the most well-loved and used tarot decks, establishing a reputation for its readability and depth.
After a huge amount of enquiries we are now making a fourth (and probably final) edition with metallic overlay in many shades. This is designed by hand, so that it's subtle enough to suit the theme but still adds a touch of glamour. You can read about the changes we are making in this new edition on our blog HERE.
- The new version of the standard deck includes two Emperor cards, two Devil cards and two Lovers cards (the limited edition deck also includes a third Lovers card).
- Voted "Deck of the Year" 2006 at Aeclectic Tarot Forum, the deck is an authentic re-working of 19th century art. Many readers find the cards particularly good for looking at a range of relationship issues, as the pictures are narrative and really do "tell a story", making them ideal for intuitive readings.
- This deck is being issued in a small run and will NOT be distributed by mass-market distributors such as Amazon.
- This is the standard "open" edition so could in theory be reprinted. If you would like a guaranteed limited edition deck, please see the large format, limited edition HERE.
- If you would like to read about all the changes in the deck, please visit our blog post HERE (please note that the blog is on our World store)
- Please note that now that the decks have arrived, we have found there is a very small misalignment in the cut on some of the backs of these cards. It is well within what is considered normal, and in fact, you will see this on many decks (it;'s the reason there is a bit of "bleed" usually designed into the backs of cards). However, for full transparency we are mentioning this. Please see back photos here.
We have pre-order offers on both the bags and the companion book for this deck. The Victorian Romantic Tarot bags and companion book can be seen HERE.
- New edition. This will have several changes to the imagery of the fourth edition (we have not yet decided on all of them). Mainly, we have made the deck more inclusive. You can read about this decision HERE. The cold-stamping is more prominent than it was in the previous edition and the back is a new design. It also now comes in a hinged-lid wooden box - this is the first time we've issued a "standard" deck in a wooden box, and we hope you like it.
- Fully illustrated with 78 cards (plus title card and one extra) that follow the popular Rider Waite Smith tarot structure, so they are easy to read "out of the box".
- They are 128 * 78 mm (about 5 * 3 inches).
- Printed on 330 gram European playing-card stock with an inner core to protect against bending and folding.
- Gorgeous, carefully designed metallic overlays (these are actually printed on the card UNDER the other inks and varnish) - this gives the impression of metallics in various colours so is spectacular.
- Printed in Europe and cut by a traditional method.
- Comes in a wooden box with a hinged lid. This is the first time we've offered a wooden box for the standard deck. It's made for us in Czech Republic by a specialist workshop.
- Optional unique, matching tarot bags.
- The detailed and engaging companion book (approx 220 pages) has been slightly updated to reflect the new imagery. It discusses each card in depth, and also includes keywords, spreads and information about how to read tarot. Available separately from the deck.