Original Art Nouveau pendant in silver and green and blue enamel
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
- Translation missing: en.general.accessibility.unit_price_separator
Gorgeous Art Nouveau pendant in enamelled silver. The blue and green enamel work is particularly detailed and lovely.
Condition: Excellent antique condition with no enamel loss.
- Fully hallmarked English silver. We can't read the maker's mark as it's rather rubbed. We'd guess this is a known maker.
- A little over 2 inches - 5 cm - high (including bail).
- Sourced from an English estate sale.
- There is no chain included, but ask us if you need a silver chain as we have some (modern, not antique) ones.
- 19th century period.
Art Nouveau was an international style of art, architecture and design that reached the height of it's popularity between 1890 and 1910. It is known in Germany as Jugendstil.
It was characterised by flowing, naturalistic and floral forms and was very much influenced by Arts and Crafts and - particularly noticeable in illustration and graphics - by Japanese style (think, for example, of Alphonse Mucha's shapes and colours).
Shipping note. Because antiques often need to be insured, we do NOT state shipping costs. If you purchase, please be aware that the price does not include shipping or insurance. We will be happy to quote the best possible shipping price, depending on your country, whether or not you would prefer insurance, and whether you need us to send by post or courier. Alternatively, please do contact us for an estimate of shipping before you purchase.
We always combine shipping on multiple purchases to give you the best possible value.