Pre-order. The Bohemian Gothic Tarot fourth edition, standard size.
- Prix ordinaire
- Prix soldé
- Prix ordinaire
- Prix unitaire
- Translation missing: fr.general.accessibility.unit_price_separator
We are delighted to offer a new edition of The Bohemian Gothic Tarot. We think it's probably the best ever. We expect that the deck will be published and shipping will begin in late October 2023.
Please note that this is a pre-order item. Any items ordered with a pre-order item will ship all together once the pre-order item is available in October.
About 15 cards will be redesigned, some substantially and others less noticeably. There will be some tweaks (mainly in colouring) on all cards and of course cold-stamping - in "cold" silvery colours - will be added to all cards.
This cult deck is a deeply atmospheric set of cards that's steeped in the dark romanticism of Victorian Gothic fantasy. The imagery doesn't follow any stories exactly, instead it's designed to be evocative of the work of Edgar Allen Poe, Bram Stoker, Sheridan Le Fanu, Mary Shelley, M. R. James, Henry James, Robert Louis Stevenson and their contemporaries. When you use these cards, we leave you to imagine your own eerie and mysterious stories - if you dare!
- 79 fully-illustrated cards (including title card).
- Many changes from the earlier editions - these vary from slight alterations of colour to extensive reimagining of imagery.
- Generous card size — 128*78mm (a little over 5*3 inches).
- Cards are printed on high quality 330 grm playing card stock with an inner carbon layer. This protects against bends and tears.
- All cards are cold-stamped. We've done this in a slightly new way, so that it works well with these dark-toned images. It gives an almost three-dimensional and rather magical quality. You can see a video of how cold-stamped cards look below.
- This standard edition deck comes in a stained wooden box with a silver title and graphics. These boxes are made specially for us in Czech Republic. Please note that because in Europe there are now no supplies of birch from Russia, the alternative birch wood used in this box may show some grain and knots - we actually rather like that as it shows it came from a tree!
- Instruction booklet is included.
We also have optional items listed separately. These include:
- Extensive and highly-illustrated companion book with coloured card illustrations.
- A selection of hand-made drawstring and foldover pouches. Many of these feature very special fabrics and some are embroidered. The embroidery is designed by us and sewn in our studio in Killarney. The bags are also sewn by our own seamstresses.
For 20% discount on a Bohemian Gothic bag when bought with the deck, please enter the code GOTHIC20 at checkout.
In its first edition, The Bohemian Gothic Tarot was voted number one "Deck of the Year" 2007 on the Aeclectic Tarot Forum, which was then the largest online tarot forum in the world. Since then, "she" (somehow this deck is always "she") has developed quite a following.