The Alice Tarot — Standard deck, second edition.
- Regular Price
- 0 Ft
- Sale Price
- 0 Ft
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
- Translation missing: en.general.accessibility.unit_price_separator
The Alice Tarot second edition is now sold out and OOP. We hope to print a third edition at some point in the future but there are no plans for this currently.
The Alice Tarot second edition was printed in a small run of 1600 decks and was available from us and a very few specialist retailers. It will not be produced as a mass-market deck (either now or in the future) and it will not be available via mass-market sellers such as Amazon and chain bookstores.
The deck has a Facebook page and also a lively Facebook discussion group:.
- 78 fully illustrated cards, 128 * 78 mm (about 5 * 3 inches) plus an "extra" card, The Lovers (so there are two alternative Lovers cards in each deck), and a title card (80 cards in all).
- "Metallic ink overlay" - in fact, this is actually put under the varnish, so it does not wear off. It's also technically a plastic so does not cause any metal sensitivities when handled (we have been asked this so hope this clarifies).
- A few minor adjustments from the original deck - there are no major changes.
- New back based on a 1930s "cards" watercolour in our own collection - the back has beautiful gold cold-stamping and is quite spectacular.
- Printed in Europe on high quality 300 gram playing card stock with a carbon inner layer to protect against bending and creasing.
- Lightly varnished for durability without a plastic feeling - the finish is very matte so that there is a great contrast between the general finish and the cold-stamped areas.
- Sturdy hinged box for long-term storage. The second edition box is gold-foiled and is a new design.
- Booklet with meanings and guide for use.
We also have optional items listed separately. These include:
- Extensive and highly-illustrated companion book - now with coloured card illustrations!
- Limited edition Alice Tarot bags — with prints from the cards, special vintage and/or new high-quality natural fabrics and with special "Alice" brass charms. For 20% off these bags at pre-order, please use code:
The standard sized deck was originally printed and published in a short run of 2,500. The second printing and any subsequent runs (if a third run ever happens) will also be done in small numbers and there will be some changes in each run. We will NOT sell the rights to this deck to a mass production publisher (we've already turned down offers and will continue to do so) and we will not bring out the deck in a mass market version ourselves.
We may license the deck in a short run only, for one or two foreign language editions. Again, if it happens, this will be to small, specialist publishers, not to mass-market publishers.
We do not want The Alice Tarot to be a mass-market deck at any time in its life and so it will not be printed (now or ever) in mass-market numbers or distributed in mass-market channels such as large online and offline book stores.