Pre-order. The Victorian Romantic Tarot - with cold stamping. Large format, limited edition deck.
Please note, the pre-order for this deck is now sold out. However, we will have about 200 decks across our shops (out of the total run of 750) for sale at the normal price nearer to publication time. We are still expecting this to be late autumn or winter 2021.
This limited edition version of The Victorian Romantic Tarot will begin shipping in late autumn / winter 2021.
All items ordered with a pre-order will be sent at the same time when the deck is available. If you would like to have any items sent earlier, please place them in a separate order.
The Victorian Romantic Tarot has, since its original publication become one of the most well-loved and used tarot decks, establishing a reputation for its readability and depth. You can read about the changes we are making in this new edition on our blog HERE.
We won't be repeating this version, which is one of our guaranteed limited editions.
We're not certain yet of the size of the print run as this will depend on demand but it won't be more than 750 decks. Only 500 of these will be available at pre-order price.
It comes in a beautiful wooden box (carefully made in Czech Republic) and for the first time for one of our decks, there is a choice of colour of the embroidered foldover pouch that comes with the deck. Please choose whether you would like a silver or a gold bag. It's hard to show the glossiness of the silk in a photo, so do please look at the last two pictures, which give a good sense for the real appearance.
Both bags are pure silk, embroidered to our unique design in our own studio, and lined in a great quality duchesse satin in wine red.
Please note that as the deck is in progress the pictures here are mock-ups, though they do give the most accurate impression of the deck that we can manage at this point. The final look may change. There will also be cold-stamping (a metallic effect), which we can't shown in mock-ups. We will add more images as soon as possible.
- This is a signed and numbered Limited Edition. We're not certain yet of the size of the print run as this will depend on demand but it won't be more than 750 decks. Only 500 of these will be available at pre-order price.
- 78 very large format fully illustrated cards, 165 * 100 mm (about 6.5 * 4 inches) plus a title card (79 cards in all).
- One extra card - to be announced.
- Cold-stamped. This is an underlaid ink but gives the impression of a metallic overlay. It is NOT actually metal though, so there are no metal-allergy issues. See pictures 2 and 3 for the effect.
- Printed in Europe under our careful supervision.
- Printed on 330 gram European playing-card stock with an inner core to protect against bending and folding.
- Varnished with semi-matte varnish so that the varnish is not too shiny.
- A detailed booklet is included. This will have less information than the companion book that we plan, but is comprehensive enough to allow you to use the deck.
- Supplied in a sturdy, coloured solid wooden hinged box specially designed for the deck and made in Czech Republic.
- Supplied with a beautiful hand-made and embroidered foldover pouch in pure silk. The embroidery is designed by us and sewn in our studio in Killarney. The bags are also sewn by our own seamstresses.
We also have optional items listed separately. These include:
- Extensive and highly-illustrated companion book with coloured card illustrations!
- Limited edition Victorian Romantic Tarot bags — these bags are designed to be used with the standard-sized cards.
For 20% discount on a bag when bought with the deck, please use code:
Please note again that this is a pre-order - we expect the deck to begin shipping in late autumn / winter 2021.
FAQs on coupons and pre-orders.
You can only apply one discount code at a time— it's the way the shop is set up and there is no way we can over-ride that.
Please work out which discount is best for you (you can always save your reward points for another order or a free treat.)
Is there a companion book?
Yes. There is a full companion book available separately. We sell the books separately as we find that some people (for example, non English speakers) would rather buy without a book.
What other Victorian Romantic Tarot items will be available?
With a "small-run" open edition deck, we aren't printing nearly as many as a mass-market deck but we reserve the right to reprint in the future. It doesn't mean we definitely will reprint, but we might and so an open edition is NOT limited.