The Tarot of Prague standard size. Sold out.
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
- Translation missing: en.general.accessibility.unit_price_separator
We plan to rerun a small number of standard decks (around 1,000) to be sold in Spring 2024. This is because we have some of our German-made cardstock left over from our 2023 printing of The Bohemian Gothic Tarot.
We will let you know when these decks are available via social media and our newsletter. If you are not subscribed to our newsletter, please sign up via the pop-up window on our online shop.
The Tarot of Prague became a classic almost as soon as it was published. Voted "Deck of the Year" on Aeclectic Tarot Forum in 2003, and in the Top Ten in 2004, and it seems to have steadily grown in reputation in the years since. It's a deck that combines beautiful artwork with readability, history, and a touch of humour. It's since built a reputation as a "special" deck, that seems to carry layers of magic and meaning when its used.
Whether it's the "Magic City" of Prague, tarot or the art and architecture of beautiful Bohemia, most people will find something to attract and delight them in this deck.
This is the third edition. The deck features a beautiful metallic overlay—we design the overlay for each card with great attention to detail. It's very appropriate for "Zlata Praha" —Golden Prague.
- Printed and produced in Europe.
- BabaBarock "standard size" fully illustrated cards, 125 * 78 mm (about 5 * 3 inches) plus an "extra" Death card and Sun card and a title card (81 cards in all). Please note that our standard size is quite large, but still very usable.
- Only minor changes have been made to the imagery (many people asked us not to change the deck very much and we listened to this). But all images now have metallic overlay (see below).
- Metallic overlay on all cards— this is done with a technique that lets us put a layer of gilding on certain parts of the illustrations. It gives an extraordinary, effect of depth and changing colour when the cards are moved in the light.
- Printed on high quality 320 gram "deluxe" playing card stock with a carbon inner layer to protect against bending and creasing.
- Lightly varnished for durability without a plastic feeling.
- Strong, hinged printed box.
- Booklet (LWB) with meanings and guide for use.